CivicPlus has upgraded its password security requirements to align with PCI compliance regulations. Please note that this does not mean all products are completely PCI compliant; please reference the individual product section.
Due to this upgrade, a user can no longer set a password for a different user. Instead, an email prompt will send to the user in order for them to reset their own password. In addition, passwords no longer email to the user when they select Forgot Password; a reset password link sends instead.
The new password requirements state that your password needs to be complex to be secure and must:
- Not match the four most recently used passwords
- Contain characters from three (3) of the following categories
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Special characters (for example: !, $, #, %)
- Be at least eight (8) characters long
- Passwords will need to change every 90 days