Below are step-by-step instructions that will walk you through how to set up and configure your device for Authorize.net EMV. Please see our Hardware Overview article for the latest on payment terminal and tray application requirements.
- Gather your general API Keys - these are needed for processing refunds and voids.
- Note: This step is for new Authorize.net clients only. If you are currently processing with Authorize.net and a CivicPlus product, resetting your pin will break your current integration.
- Gather your credentials that will be used for EMV transactions if you are installing 2.X
- Send both sets of credentials to the CivicPlus support team to set up your configuration for you.
- Download the latest version of the CivicPlus Pay Tray Application. You will need version 188.8.131.52 or higher.
- Install the tray application.
- Set up your device with USB or Bluetooth.
- Configure the tray app.
- Run a test transaction. This is what it should look like when it's working.