The only way to check if your device (BBPOS Chipper) needs a firmware update is to use Authorize.net mPOS. Using the mobile app will automatically check for and download firmware updates.
Note: Any transaction performed through mPOS does not sync back to CivicRec.
- Go to the Google Play store or Apple App store on your phone
- Search for Authorize.net and download the app
- Start the App and log in
- Go to Settings > Card Readers
- Connect your device to your phone via Bluetooth
- Once it is done paring, it should show as Connected
- Go to Card Readers > Updates
- Select Check for Updates
- It should automatically update the device