Who can use this feature?
Authors must submit content for approval
This article will show you how to add a Pattern to a Field.
- “One-off” patterns can apply to fields; this is if you just type into the field of a schema instead of selecting one of the suggestions. These fields do not have a “name” and will show as Advanced.
- Pattern formatting uses RegEx.
- Select the Content Types tab and select the Content Type
- Select the Settings icon next to the field you would like to add a pattern to
- Note: Patterns can be applied to all fields.
- Select the Validation tab
- Click inside the Pattern field box and a drop-down will appear
- Note: Not all fields will have the Pattern option.
- Select the pattern you would like to add or Create a new Regex pattern
- Add a Pattern Message
- Select Save