This article will walk you through installing the device drivers needed in order to use the MagTek eDynamo with Forte. View Forte's documentation.
This article is provided for educational and informational purposes only. If you are having difficulty following this guide, please reach out to Forte’s support team.
Although Forte's documentation states that you can use older versions of Windows, you cannot. Windows 10 is the only version supported.
- You can download the driver directly
- Or you can navigate to Forte and select Downloads > Drivers > eDynamo Windows Installer
- Open the downloaded file to start running the installation
- Select Yes on the pop-up asking you if you want to run the installer
- Several windows will appear. On the first screen, select Next
- Select the installation Folder and select Next
- Select Next to start the installation
- When complete, select Close
- In the command window, press any key and the window will disappear
- To confirm that the driver is running in the background, go to your Windows search bar and type Services
- Open the Services app and scroll down until you see MagTek Service
- If the service is visible and running, then the driver has been successfully installed