This process is necessary for CivicPlus Pay to be allowed to communicate with the Forte gateway.
This article is for information purposes only and was accurate as of October 20, 2021. We cannot make any guarantee to the accuracy of these specific steps below as Forte may make modifications to what things are called or where they are placed. The outline below should be substantially similar to what you should see on the Forte site.
If you (as the client) do not set up API credentials nor furnish the correct information to CivicPlus, users will not be able to complete a transaction.
Create API Credentials
- Log in to Forte
- Navigate to Developer > API Credentials
- Click Create
- Enter a Name
- Click Create New API Key
- Copy the API Access ID and the API Secure Key
- Note: You will need to provide each of these to CivicPlus
Gather Organization and Location ID
You will need to provide your organization ID and the location ID to CivicPlus.
- Your organization ID is located at the top of the screen
- Navigate to Locations and copy the Location ID
- Provide your API Access ID, API Secure Key, Organization ID, and Location ID to CivicPlus