Upgrading to 3.X
As of 9/1/2021, version 3.0 of the CivicPlus Pay Tray App is now available. This version comes with some security fixes along with changes to use Authorize.net’s API login ID and Trans Key. If you are an Authorize.net user, if you upgrade to 3.0 you will no longer be required to change your password every 120 days.
- The Pay Web App is backwards compatible with 2.X. However, we do encourage you to upgrade to 3.0 at your earliest convenience.
- If you do not update the gateway configuration to 3.0 you will still be required to update your Auth.net every 120 days. Both items, the tray app, and the configuration need to be in sync in order for you to stop doing this task.
- If you are using version 2.X with the gateway configuration pointing to 3, it will not work. Older versions of the tray app are not forwards compatible.
- Uninstall the Pay Tray App
- Install the new version of the Pay Tray App. The latest version can be downloaded from here.
- Log in to the Pay Admin Portal
- Note: In order to follow the rest of the instructions, you must be an account owner. Please contact our support team if you do not have this permission.
- Navigate to Gateway Configurations
- Select the Gateway Configuration for which you want to use tray app version 3.0 with
- Under Tray App Version, select 3.X
- Note: Before doing so, you could optionally remove the username and password since these items are no longer needed.
- Click Save
- You are now ready to make transactions through 3.0.