To ensure the stability, scalability, and security of CivicPlus single sign-on, all integrated products are being moved to a new sign-in experience. This new sign-in includes:
- A simpler, faster-loading user interface
- New external sign-in options allowing account creation and ongoing sign in managed through Apple, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft personal accounts
- Improved two-factor authentication via any time-based one-time password (TOTP) app
- Management and expiration control of multiple personal access tokens per user
- Ability to download and delete all user data stored within single sign-on
All account updates are being synced ongoing to ensure user access is maintained. Once all products complete the move to the new sign-in, the primary sign-in screen and landing page at platform.civicplus.com will be redirected to the equivalent new services. These features are being replaced with the new sign-in screen at cpauthentication.civicplus.com and a brand new, updated website for managing organizations and groups coming soon.
- All customers with custom identity provider integrated sign-ins were contacted and given a deadline of July 31, 2022 to update custom identity provider configurations with additional URIs for cpauthentication.civicplus.com. If the URIs were added, users will continue to be directed to the designated external identity provider after entering their email address on the new sign-in screen. If you are still seeing the old sign-in page and don't update your custom IDP settings prior to July 31, 2022, you will no longer be able to log into your site on that date until you make these changes. Learn more on our FAQs page.
New Sign In Screen
Old Sign In Screen
The new screen will use the same user credentials as the old sign-in and any user account changes within either sign-in account settings will be reflected in both accounts.
We will be phasing our release of this feature for our various integrated CivicPlus products over the next several months to ensure minimal impact on our local government customers and citizens. In the meantime, if you use more than one CivicPlus product, you might experience two different sign-on experiences and will possibly be required to sign in more than once with the same email address and password. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this time.